Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book Tour Dot Com

I found this site because I was looking for ways to promote my upcoming books. There are a number of sites in which you will spend a lot of money to do virtual tours. I am not sure I am there yet.

Savage Chickens - Book Tour

This site-www.booktour.com has two main functions. First it allows you to look up an author or geographic area to see who is doing book tours. The caveat here is that only tours that are listed are the ones that authors or their publishers post on the site.

The other part is authors. You can plug in your book, put down when you want to do a tour and in what area and a number of places appear that would be potential places for book tour. A template appears after you choose the places you are interested in and you write a letter to each of these venues through booktour.com. Then you wait to see if any of the venues are interested. I am still waiting, so I will let you know. Here is a LA Times story about a couple that did their own book tour. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/07/entertainment/la-ca-book-tour7-2010mar07?pg=3. This is important to think about as an author because less and less publishers are sending authors on book tours unless you are a big name. The smaller publishing houses like mine just di not have the funds- so I have to be creative.

I recently did an interview for another blog- http://www.nonfictionink.com/. Check it out and leave a comment. Look around- its a pretty cool blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment