Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Writer’s Critique Group

image

I have tried out a writer’s group, and I think it will be good, however it is so long between sessions and they do not even meet every month. That reduces it to less than 10 times in a year. This just not seem to be the most efficient group, as my writing would never get finished if I dragged it out waiting for critiques.

I belong to a couple of the greatest networking sites on the planet- Facebook and Twitter. I am sending out the call to fiction writers, that are dedicated to their craft and to a writer’s group. It does not have to be large, in fact a cap of 10 members would be best.

I envision exchanging each others work (small chunks) every week. Each member looks at the work and writes a short critique of it and maybe on online chat for oral critiques. These would need to be brief because every writer’s time is valuable.

I have some guidelines from a group I am in now that would be helpful to use. I want this to be honest, professional and fast paced. I would love to see Sci-Fi or fantasy, but at this point any fiction genre would work. 

Send me a comment here, on twitter or email me at Drjohnnd@hotmail.com if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment