Monday, February 23, 2009

I hate stomach bugs

Last night I was exhausted, this morning about 7:00 am I realized why, I have a stomach thingy. Yech! Not too bad, just annoying. I am awaiting time to go the symphony rehearsal. Among my many hats I play the piccolo in a symphony and I am the personnel manager.

I have come to two conclusions concerning life today:

1. No matter how mad or upset you are about a break up or a fight, NEVER post it on Facebook. There have been a number of people I know that have done this. Why? For sympathy? Is it because misery loves company? You might as well post it in your local newspaper or the daily news. Even then, it would not be as public and humiliating as posting it on Facebook. Why do you do it people? I would too much shame to admit my relationship is on the rocks. Even if a person is posting it in an attempt as some form of retribution, all they look like is an idiot and pathetic. Stop the madness! Make private things PRIVATE. Isn’t there enough pain in the world?

2. I have come to the other conclusion that most long term relationships and marriages have at least one huge incident. It is a challenge to the relationship to test to see of it survives. It could be a huge fight, infidelity or a number of large issues. I think that people in relationships should prepare themselves for this eventuality. If they are truly dedicated to the marriage, they will bond together and survive. If not, then the relationship is probably doomed. I am an advocate of living together before marriage because at least when this event occurs the couple has the choice of parting ways. I guess my point is that people don’t really want to think about the better and WORSE parts of a relationship. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment