Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prada The Devil Drinks Coffee

I am casing my neighborhood in Winston-Salem. I have found this little cafe under a new set of uptown swanky condos. By the clientele, I can tell I am out of my pay range, but the family has taken over a table with our coffees and hot chocolate. 

 

Each of us with a laptop, we must be quite the site for this yuppie haven of the movers and shakers of the West End. Well we are here and we are here to stay.

 

This little cafe has coffee, gelato and Bellinis (a combination of peach nectar and champagne), and an assortment of beers and wine. It is quiet for the most part- a HDTV in the corner is playing “Moonstruck” from an Apple TV box.

It is an education for the girls as we are coming from the country. We even were lucky enough for a person on the street to ask us for a dollar. It was new for the girls, not so new to me- it heralds me back to reality and away from the land of the bigots. I recently read a quote that said something like “Big bigotry- small town.” I want to raise my girls differently!

image

If anyone wants to visit this new cafe visit www.caffeprada.com

Now I will finish my Americano.

No comments:

Post a Comment