Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be careful of the fine print

I am working on some articles about winemaking, but remembered my contract for my two wine books that states I need permission to write about similar subjects. I did get permission, but it is very important that you read your contract carefully.

 

If there is something you do not agree on, deal with it up front and negotiate the contract before signing it. Once it is signed it takes a lot to get it changed, if you are able to change it at all.

But do not play ignorant and count on no one catching you, because they will. In these days of Internet communication, news travels fast. Look at this link below about an artist.

http://hidenseek.typepad.com/come_out_come_out/2010/02/cannot-chase-paperchase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment