Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love my readers

One of the readers of this blog asked me if she could print out my blog posts or was I using as parts of an upcoming book. To that I thank the reader- but alas no there is no book idea yet.

But the question inspired me to write this post. If you are serious about getting an article, short story or book published- resist the temptation of placing it on a blog or website. Many magazine and book publishers will not touch work that has been posted publically on a website. The reasons are various but many of them surround copyright issues. So resist the temptation unless you have no intention of publishing the piece anywhere else.

You can express that you are working on a project or what some of the ideas that are contained in it, or even the process you are going through to create- but the work itself should stay with you until you are ready to approach someone to publish it.

 

Have an inky day!

 

Check out this resource.

 

Writing Handbooks: Freelance Writing for Newspapers (Writing Handbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment