Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Creation of a Book part 1

I am working on my eleventh book called, The Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts, and Brewing Herbs: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply. (Atlantic) Over the next couple of months I will take you step by step through the process of creating a book.

I have already signed a contract for this book and they have approved my detailed outline. This outline consists of a skeletal outline of the chapters followed by a detailed explanation of each chapter.

The editors have looked it over and made some suggestions and we agreed that the focus of the book will be on the gardening aspects rather than just a book about home brewing. In fact, I am in negotiations to create a more traditional home brewing book.

So right now I am working on the first 20k words. When I am done I will submit the work, the editors (2 tier) will review and send back to me with corrections and I will next stage of 20k words until we reach 65k.

 

Here is my latest book on the shelves. I have two that are in layout- one eBay income basics and the other is a more general wine making book. 

I am off for my Via coffee. More soon!

Subscription Starbucks Coffee 12-servings Extra Bold Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew Italian Roast Coffee, Italian Roast, Instant

No comments:

Post a Comment